As you get your new gear ready to hit the slopes at the Peak of Vancouver this coming week why not take a moment to put aside any perfectly good winter clothing that you and your family no longer have a use for and donate it to a good cause?
From December 7 to 9, Grouse Mountain will be collecting your gently used winter clothing in an effort to help ensure kids in the Lower Mainland are kept toasty warm this season. Items particularly requested are kid’s winter boots, jackets and gloves in a wide range of sizes. Grouse Mountain is partnering with the Vancouver Sun Children’s Fund Adopt-a-School to distribute the clothing to local schools whose students have a pressing need this winter. Please help us reach our goal of collecting enough winter clothes to fill an entire Skyride tram!
Donations can be dropped off at the tent outside Guest Services from 8am to 10pm, Friday December 7 to Sunday December 9. Just come by and pop your clean, gently used items into the designated bins.
To help us with the sorting and distribution we kindly ask that you familarize yourself with the following helpful donation hints:
Most Needed Items:
- winter jackets and coats
- winter footwear
- winter gloves
- winter pants
- a wide range of sizes are required but those most in need are of elementary school ages – 5 to 13 years old.
- items to fit teenagers are also gratefully accepted.
- popular and well-known brand names are preferred
Required Condition of Items:
- clean, washed or dry-cleaned without any stains or markings
- brand new items are gratefully accepted
- all zippers, buttons or other fasteners intact and in perfect working order
- footwear must be clean without any dirt on the soles and have required laces