Just another day at the office...
All staff members are extended a wide range of perks that include but are not limited to:
- Complimentary seasons pass for you
- Complimentary seasons pass for your dependant family members (ie spouse/common-law partner and children) for full-time year-round staff. Full-time temporary or seasonal staff are eligible upon return to work for the 4th consecutive season.
- A staff Annual Local's Pass is available to all Grouse Mountain staff for $65+ tax. Affords all the benefits associated with our regular Guest Annual Local's Pass including bringing up two guest each day at 50% off the Experience ticket price.
- Complimentary recreational opportunities such as skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, ice skating, hiking and access to seasonal activities such as the Lumberjack show, Birds in Motion, scenic Chairlift rides and more
- Staff Transit Benefit
- A Grouse Mountain Employee passport to use for a complimentary zipline tour, a tour of the Eye of the Wind, dining discounts and more
- 40% discount on food items in The Observatory, Altitudes Bistro, Lupins Café, The Grouse Grind™ Coffee Bar, The Rusty Rail BBQ (does not apply to alcohol)
- 40% discount on Starbucks food and beverage items; 20% discount on merchandise (Grouse Mountain Starbucks location only)
- Complimentary coffee and tea while on shift, when using your reusable cup; a $1.00 fee is charged without a cup that goes to fund sustainability projects on the mountain
- Complimentary hot chocolate in the chalet and in staff rooms while on shift
- Complimentary fountain drinks in Altitudes Bistro and Lupins while on shift
- 20% discount off regular priced merchandise in the retail stores Outfitters, the Spirit Gallery and Essentials
- 40% discount for ski, board, skate and snowshoe rentals
- Complimentary ski/snowboard group lessons, subject to availability
- Access to the inter-mountain ski day exchange (Mountain Interchange) program
- Complimentary helicopter tour, subject to seat availability and weather
- Staff discount on Paragliding
- Participation in our organized sports and events such as Seek the Peak and the Grouse Grind Challenge
- Discounts on YYoga memberships; check out yyoga.ca
- Perks at Kal Tire
- Perks with Evo ride share
- Complimentary water provided in staff rooms
- Discounts from our corporate sponsors
Full-time Year-round StaffStaff who are offered year-round employment and work a minimum of 30 hours per week are eligible for our comprehensive benefit package after a 3-month waiting period.
Seasonal staff who return to us for a fourth consecutive season are eligible for benefits if working a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Benefit plans include
- BC Medical Insurance
- Extended Health Care (Drug Card, Smoking Cessation Assistance, Vision Care, Dental Care. Paramedical)
- Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- RRSP matched savings plan after completion of two years of full time service
Part-time Year-round Staff
Staff who are offered year-round employment and work 20 hours per week on average are eligible for Extended Health Care and Dental Care to a maximum of $500 per year, after a 3-month waiting period.