FIELD TRIP PROGRAMS
About Field Trip Programs
WILDLIFE & OUTDOOR EDUCATION Programs
First Nations Programs
Experience outdoor adventure at Grouse Mountain! On guided Adventure Programs, students have the opportunity to develop their teamwork, leadership, and outdoor skills in our stunning mountain environment.
- + Snowshoe Tours 1.5 hour (Grade K-12)
- Guided snowshoe field trips welcome students of all ages. The 1.5 hour tour will lead students on a journey through a winter wonderland on a fun snowy adventure. Students will explore snowshoeing technique, learn about winter conditions, hazards and terrain.
Tours can be booked starting at the mountaintop at 11am or 1pm.
Looking for a full-day field trip? Our five hour guided Wildlife & Outdoor Education Field Trips have the option to include snowshoeing as one of your activities.
- + Scavenger Hunt 2 hour (Grade 5-12)
- Mountain Scavenger Hunt takes school groups on a 2 hour adventure to stunning locations and hidden hideouts of Grouse Mountain. Groups work in teams of 12-14 to solve as many clues as possible to be crowned the Grouse Mountain champions. While exploring the mountain, teams collaborate to solve riddles, find hidden objects, and complete short team challenges.
Educators will help students discover:
• Out-of-the-box creative thinking
• Strategic problem-solving in a fun, focused way
• Quick paced competitive activities to maximize groups’ concentration
• The importance of communication to improve teamwork
• How to recognize and share unique skills within the team
• How friendship development can create team cohesion
• Incredible natural surroundings and stunning views that connect youth with nature
• Challenging, yet low risk activities
- + Alpine Wilderness Safety 3 hour (Grade 8-12)
- Alpine Wilderness Safety offers a unique blend of hands-on safety/survival skills and outdoor adventure experiences, neatly bound by friendly group competition. The program is perfect for schools looking to bring together a new group of students at the beginning of the school year, or celebrate the completion of the school year by creating lasting memories with fellow classmates.
Groups will journey around the mountain, completing a series of alpine challenges in a safe and enjoyable learning environment. Facilitated by Grouse Mountain Educators, these activities include: making fire by friction, building a shelter, setting a bear cache, exploring wildlife precautions, trip planning and the ten essentials, mapping, and building a group improvised stretcher. The day ends with a fun quiz to recap learning.
This program features:
• Wilderness Survival rule of 3’s
• The importance of teamwork and collaboration
• Promotion of safe backcountry travel and wilderness safety
• Fast-paced activities to maximize groups’ concentration
• Hands-on, experiential learning in incredible natural surroundings
• Small groups of 12-14 students ensuring inclusivity for all
• Challenging, yet low risk activities
• Encouragement for students to recognize and share unique skills within the team
• Improvement of team cohesion and communication
• Encouragement of creative thinking
- + Teen Team Building (Grade 8-12)
- Experience leadership and teamwork development activities in the stunning natural setting of Grouse Mountain. Facilitated by our education team, students will participate in fun exercises focusing on cooperation, communication, problem-solving, and overcoming challenges as a team.
- + Mountain Ropes Adventure
- Mountain Ropes Adventure™, for ages 8+, is a series of four aerial ropes courses with varying degrees of difficulty. Balance, jump, climb, swing and zip your way to the finish!
- + Mountain Ziplines
- Our dual-line, five-line circuit gives you an adrenaline-pumping tour across the peaks and canyons of Grouse and Dam Mountains.
Book Your Day
Ready to book your field trip?
1. Choose the date Pick a first choice and second choice that works with your group’s schedule. To qualify for education pricing, your group must consist of 75% school-aged students.
2. Select your activities. Up to 3 guided sessions are included in a full five-hour day. We recommend one curriculum session, one adventure activity, and a hiwus Feasthouse presentation.
3. Contact us — Use our online booking form with the link below.