Kick off 2016 at the Peak of Vancouver during our family-friendly New Year’s Eve celebration on Thursday, December 31st.
From 5:00 pm onwards, enjoy entertainment and fun for all ages. Glide on our 8,000-square foot mountaintop pond, take a snow carpet down our new Sliding Zone and be awed by the magical outdoor Light Walk around Blue Grouse Lake.
Plus, enjoy incredible performances throughout the night as well as a special 9:00 pm countdown for our littlest revelers that will be sure to light up the sky with a boom! Scrumptious snacks like hot chocolate and s'mores will also be offered outside of the chalet, as well as in our First Nations híwus feasthouse.
This year’s celebration will be something to remember!
Access to the New Year's Eve celebration is included with your Annual Local's Pass, Y2Play or Winter Season Pass.
Don't have a pass? Unfortunately, this year's Family New Year's Eve is SOLD OUT. Please plan to visit with us next year.
Schedule of events
Non-stop from 5pm - 9pm:
- Live DJ at the Skate Pond
- Ice skating on the outdoor Skate Pond
- Sliding Zone
- Magical Light Walk around Blue Grouse Lake (be sure to wear appropriate footwear)
- Light Snacks and refreshments available in our híwus feasthouse (additional cost) mid-way on the Light Walk
- S'mores, hot chocolate and smokies available outside of the chalet (additional cost)
- New Year’s Eve photo booth outside of the chalet
- Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin' Eve in the Theatre in the Sky
- Peak of Christmas activities throughout the chalet
Special Roving Performances throughout the night sure to keep the whole family entertained:
- Enchanting Magician 5pm-7pm
- Fire Dancers 6pm – 8pm
- Winter Wonderland characters 7pm – 9pm
9pm Count Down with fireworks!
Get ready to be awed by a spectacular firework display around the skate rink at 9pm.
Complimentary Family Snowshoe Tour:
9:15pm-10:15pm: After the 9pm count down and fireworks show, visit the snowshoe tent next to the skate pond and head out on a moonlit adventure through the trees!
Snowshoe rentals available, or bring your own! Headlamps also recommended.