Hit the Grind on the longest day of the year! From dawn to dusk, test your strength against the most avid of Grinders on the longest day of the year and raise funds for BC Children's Hospital. The most determined of athletes will tackle the ultimate challenge of multiple Grinds within one day, whether the goal is to set a personal best or set the bar as the official Multi Grouse Grind® Challenge record holder. While this is an impressive physical feat, it is also an incredibly important event that raises valuable funds for BC Children's Hospital Foundation.
This is the official and only sanctioned event to determine the record-holder for most ascents of the Grouse Grind in a one-day period!
Date: Saturday June 20th, 2020
Time: Dawn to dusk (4am-10pm)
NOTE: the registration process and timing systems have changed this year - so READ THROUGH EVERYTHING thoroughly!
- All participants must be 16 years of age or older. Minors must have a waiver signed by their legal guardian/parent and they must be present as a chaperone throughout the duration of the event
- ALL steps outlined below in "Step-by-Step Registration Process" must be completed by each participant before the specified deadlines in order to participate in the event.
- All participants must obey outlined Participant Guidelines - any infractions could lead to a participant's disqualification.
STEP-BY-STEP REGISTRATION PROCESS:
1) Fundraising - A minimum of $150 must be raised by each race applicant using their personal assigned BC Children's Hospital Fundraising page BEFORE being allow to register for the event. All applicants must meet the fundraising minimum BEFORE 9am on Friday, June 12th in order to be eligible to register. This is a fundraising event - no exceptions will be made.
2) Event Registration - Once the $150 fundraising minimum has been raised by the applicant, they will received an email from BC Children's Hospital with a private link to register for the event through Grouse Mountain's website. The cost of registration is $50 and must be paid BEFORE 8pm on Sunday, June 18th 2020 in order to secure your registration. Once this has been done - you're officially registered for the Multi Grouse Grind Challenge 2020!
Each Registrant Receives:
- 1 x Limited Edition Participant Shirt - must complete full registration process before Monday, May 25th to ensure we have time to order your shirt! Registrations received after this date will not receive a shirt.
- 1 x Event Participant Skyride Pass, valid for all day Saturday June 20th - Sunday, June 21st. If you're a current passholder, leave your pass at home - all participants must use their Event Participant Skyride Pass.
- 2 x Multi-Use Skyride Tickets, valid for multiple trips to and from the mountain all day Saturday June 20th - Sunday, June 21st. Give these tickets to your biggest support people or cheerleaders so they can help take care of you on race day.
- 1 x Event Bib with RFID Race Chip
- Aid Station Access - all participants will receive access to aid station snacks and drinks throughout race day. Product offerings will vary throughout the day based on supply. The aid station will be stocked with water, Coca-Cola products, CLIF Bars and more! Please note that this is to supplement your meals, not replace them - to ensure that you have everything you need on race day, we strongly encourage you to pack all your favorite foods to keep you fueled as well!
3) Keep up the Fundraising! So you've met the $150 minimum, but no need to stop there! A prize will be awarded to the participant who has raised the most money for BC Children's Hospital!
IMPORTANT DATES FOR PARTICIPANTS - no extensions will be made to any of the listed dates, so please plan ahead:
Friday, May 15th at 12:01am - registration opens! Spaces are limited, so register early to secure your participation. Registration launch has been postponed until May 15th. Please check back then for the latest update and the status of this event.
Monday, May 25th before 9am - Fundraising Minimum and Registration must be complete by this time in order to receive a Limited Edition Participant Shirt. Registrations received after this time will not receive a shirt.
Friday, June 12th before 9am - $150 raised on personal BC Children's Hospital Fundraising Page.* Start fundraising BEFORE this date to ensure you meet the minimum on time.
Sunday, June 14th before 8pm – $50 registration fee* must be paid on Grouse Mountain event registration page.* Once you've raised the $150 fundraising minimum, you'll automatically receive an email that links out to the registration page which will enable you to complete this step.
Wednesday, June 17th in Guest Services - Package Pick Up Opens. Race Packages can be picked up anytime during business hours on the Wednesday and Thursday between 8am-8pm and Friday 8am-5pm before the race. Race Package must be picked up by the participant themselves (and legal parent/guardian if participant is a minor). If you are traveling into town for the race, please ensure you're arriving in time for Package Pick Up.
Friday, June 19th June 20th at 5pm - Package Pick Up Closes. Anyone who has not picked up their package by this time will not be allowed to participate in the event - no exceptions.
Saturday, June 20th from 4am-10pm – Multi-Grouse Grind Challenge!
*PLEASE NOTE: registration fees and fundraising dollars are non-refundable and non-transferable. Grouse Mountain reserves the right to modify, reschedule or postpone any activities, programs or processes associated with this event.