Join us on Friday October 20th, 2017
for our annual Fall Teacher Open House.
Come together and learn how easy it is to bring students from the classroom to the mountain! Open to teachers, education assistants, school administration, principals, and teacher candidates, come up and experience Grouse Mountain’s unique field trip opportunities.
We’ve teamed up this year with HCTF WildBC for an exciting new agenda! We will share tips for bringing students outside, engage you in fun outdoor activities; guide you through “speed stations” to introduce you to our ski school, snowshoe, and adventure programs at Grouse Mountain; and then lead you on an Eco-walk across soon-to-be ski runs and snowshoe trails to our First Nations Hiwus Feasthouse, Grizzly Bear Habitat and Eye of the Wind to give you a first-hand look at both our summer and winter programs. At the end of your journey, we will guide you back to the Chalet where you can enjoy lunch at your leisure with your colleagues and take in the stunning views of the city and harbour.
Complimentary Express Shuttle - available only to teachers registered in the PSA Super Conference
- Session 1 – 7:30am Registration, 8:00am Skyride
- Session 2 – 8:30am Registration, 9:00am Skyride
- Session 3 – 9:30am Registration, 10:00am Skyride
Program time 3.5-4 hours, plus optional Eye of the Wind tour:
- Meet Education staff at front of Chalet to be guided to the Hiwus Feast House for coffee or tea, muffin and a Hiwus presentation with our First Nations Elder, Willie Nahanee.
- Next, head over to the Alpine Cabin where participants will visit 4 “speed stations” to learn about Grouse Mountain's Education Programs, Ski School, Adventure Programs and WildBC.
- Then, take a guided Eco-Walk across soon-to-be snowshoe trails to visit the Grizzly Bear Habitat and partake in two fun, outdoor activities hosted by our Adventure Manager and WildBC!
- Lastly, at the end of your journey, you will be guided back to the Chalet where you can enjoy lunch at your leisure with your colleagues
- Optional - journey up the Peak Chair to visit the Eye of the Wind (weather dependent). Free of charge, but pre-registration is required.
We look forward to welcoming you on October 20th!
For full details please call Education Sales at 604.980.9311 ext. 5554 or email email@example.com