GGMR 2019 Event Schedule:
8:00am - 9:00am: Day-of registration/package pick-up at the base of Grouse Mountain at the Start Line
8:00am - 9:30am: Bag check available at the Start Line
9:45am - 9:50am: Race briefing
9:50am - 9:55am: Race warm-up
10:00am: Race starts!
10:30am - 1:00pm: Bag pick-up available in the Mountaintop Plaza
11:00am - 2:00pm: After party with live DJ music in the Mountaintop Plaza
11:45am: Awards Ceremony (approximate time)
Racer Package Pick-up:
Advance: Tuesday September 10th to Friday, September 13th
Participants were asked to select their choice of pick-up location at time of registration. Please note that racer packages will only be available for pick-up at the selected location. To confirm or change a pick-up location, please contact Guest Services at 604.980.9311 by Monday, September 9th at 6pm.
Pick-up location options:
• Grouse Mountain Guest Services (Valley Plaza, Base) – 8am to 8pm
• VPG Realty - Lynn Valley Location: 159-1233 Lynn Valley Road, North Vancouver – 9am to 6pm
Race Day: Saturday, September 14th
• Location: Base of the Grouse Mountain in Parking Lot C / Start Line area – 8am to 9am
*We strongly encourage package pick-up before event day to avoid delays on event day.
Included With Registration:
• Complimentary bag transfer from the Start Line to the mountaintop
• One Mountain Admission ticket to bring a friend on event day
• Souvenir race bib
• Complimentary finish line aid station including Dasani water, Powerade, CLIF Bars, and other snacks to help you refuel after the race
• Outdoor BBQ (à la carte prices will apply)
• Post-race massage, physio and chiropractic assessments from COAST Performance Rehab
• Live DJ music
• One complimentary Granville Island Brewing Winter Ale beer to enjoy at the post-race celebration (for participants of legal drinking age)
• Activities and giveaways from our partners
• Medals and awards for top finishers
Help us reach our fundraising goal of $10,000 for the cardiology department of BC Children’s Hospital this year. If you have not yet created your Grouse Grind Mountain Run fundraising page, be sure to visit the BC Children’s Hospital website
. It’s easy – simply create your fundraising profile, set a fundraising goal and begin reaching out to friends and family for donations.
Complimentary bag transfer to the mountaintop is available to all participants. Bags must be dropped-off at the designated area at the Start Line by 9:30am on race day. Bags will be tagged with corresponding race numbers. Bags will be available for pickup at the Mountaintop Plaza across from the Peak Chalet (finish line area).
Timing and Results:
Race Day Timing will be providing the timing services for the Grouse Grind Mountain Run. Results will be posted on the Race Day Timing website
Awards and Recognition:
2019 Cash Purse up for grabs – top three men and women:
• 1st: $1,500
• 2nd: $750
• 3rd: $250
We are also excited to announce that a course record incentive has generously been provided by our Title Sponsor VPG Realty Inc. An Additional $2,500 will be awarded to the top male and female finishers should they break our course records (Male-25:01, Female-30:52).
Top Individual Finishers – Finishers will receive custom medals and prizes from our partners!
Top three males and females overall
Top three males and females in each category
• 12 and under
• 13-19 years
• 20-29 years
• 30-39 years
• 40-49 years
• 50-59 years
• 60-69 years
• 70- 74 years
• 75 year +
Team Category (average of top five times) – Finishers will receive a custom award and prizes from our partners!
• Fastest teams – male, female and coed
• Corporate category - Vancouver’s Fastest Corporate Grinders
Event Rules and Regulations
1. All participants must wear their assigned numbered bib on the front side of their body. The number must be visible at all times. The timing strip is located on the back of your bib.
2. Competition numbers are not transferable.
3. All participants must sign a release of liability form prior to participating in the 2019 Grouse Grind Mountain Run
4. If a signed release of liability form is not received, entry will not be accepted. Entry fee will not be refunded.
5. Participants under the age of 19 must have the consent of a parent or guardian before participation in the event and any children 12 and under must be accompanied by a paying adult throughout the race.
6. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions.