Explore Grouse Mountain's Hives with an Expert Bee Keeper
This summer, it’s your opportunity to understand bees by getting up-close– in a safe environment led by our resident bee keeper. Hive Tours provide a hands-on opportunity to experience and explore an active honey bee hive, while learning about these remarkable creatures. Bees are an amazing and integral part of our ecosystem. As key pollinators, bees are vital to food production and vegetation. Although Bees are sometimes grouped with wasps and hornets, they are very different and deserving of our understanding and reverence – so suit up with us and come explore the fascinating lives of Honey Bees!
Dates & Times
• Weekends only in June and September
• Up to seven days a week in July and August based upon bookings
11am (sharp) start, mountaintop at the Bee Interpretive Centre for approximately 1.5 hours
Minimum of 6 Pre-booking required.
• Weather dependent (must be at least 10 degrees, cannot operate in rainy conditions)
• Open to those 12 years+
• Close-toed shoes with socks required
• No heavy perfumes or colognes
• Cannot be allergic to bees
• Each participant will be outfitted in a beekeeping suit including veil and gloves