As part of our PureClean Commitment
and the new measures in place to protect the health & safety of our guests and team members, all travel on the Grouse Mountain Skyride will need to be reserved in advance. By utilizing a timed reservation system, we will be able to manage capacity on the Skyride to allow for physical distancing and reduce lineups.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Our new Skyride Reservation System is now online, with availability based on advanced booking window.
- Gold Annual Passholders are able to reserve Skyride times up to 7-days in advance; Silver Annual Passholders are able to reserve Skyride times up to 1-day in advance.
- All Annual Passholders are able to reserve one uphill time and one downhill time per day.
- Download Ticket purchasers are able to reserve Skyride times up to 1-day in advance.
- Once we move into our second phase of reopening, Mountain Admission Ticket purchasers will have an unlimited advance reservation window.
- As part of our first phase of reopening, initial Skyride access will be for Annual Passholders as well as Download Ticket purchase only.
- This reservation system is available through www.grousemountain.com which can be accessed via computer or on your mobile device.
- We recommend reserving your Skyride time as far in advance as possible for greater availability.
- Please arrive within your designated reservation time window. Guests and Passholders will be boarded onto the Skyride within 30 minutes of your reservation time.
- If you arrive at Grouse Mountain without a pre-reserved Skyride time you will be directed to go online to make a reservation subject to availability.
- With reduced capacity on the Skyride we do anticipate that popular times such as weekends will fill up and you may not be able to reserve your preferred time.
- Hikers who arrive at the top of Grouse Mountain without a pre-reserved Skyride time will be directed to go online to make a reservation subject to availability. Hikers without a reserved Skyride time should be prepared to hike back down to the trailhead via the BCMC Route (approximately 2 hours).
- To change or cancel a Skyride reservation you will need to contact Guest Services via phone 604.980.9311 or at email@example.com a minimum of 4 hours in advance of your reservation.
- With reduced capacity this season, we ask Passholders to be respectful of the new reservation system and make sure to be present for any reserved times. Passholders will be charged $15 for each missed reservation that is not cancelled a minimum of 4 hours in advance.
We look forward to being able to safely welcome you back to enjoy Grouse Mountain again. Stay tuned for more information to come as we progress through our phased reopening.