1. What do I need to bring with me to build a snow cave?
Mountain conditions change rapidly, all guest must bring the following gear:
- Warm, waterproof boots or outdoor shoes
- Waterproof gloves
- Multiple layers of clothing including a toque, a waterproof jacket and snow pants
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Snacks and water
- Gaiters and spare socks are recommended but not essential
- All other required equipment will be provided
2. Do I get a discount if I bring my own snowshoes?
We do not offer a saving if you bring your own snowshoes.
3. What happens if it cold or snowy out?
With indoor facilities accessible across the Mountain we will have break locations available if participants require a warm-up.
4. Can I book a Snow Cave Experience on any day?
Yes, groups can be booked on Friday, Saturday and Sunday weekly or with advance notice on Monday through Thursday.
5. What type of snow structure will we be building?
We will build a hybrid snow cave based upon a design by a Swiss engineer. It features an incredibly strong structure and allows the whole group to help with the process.
6. What is the minimum age of participants?
We are happy to welcome youth from 14 years old with prior outdoors experience.
7. What is the guide to guest ratio?
You will have one guide per every eight guests.
8. What is the maximum group size?
We can welcome up to 18 guests at any one time.
9. Where do we meet our guide?
You will meet you guide at the fire pit by the skating pond at the top of the Mountain 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
10. How fit do I need to be for this experience?
We suggest that guests have at least an average level of fitness. On perfect weather days we aim to snowshoe 1.5km to a viewpoint that overlooks the City. No prior snowshoe experience is required.
11. Is the Snow Cave Experience at Grouse Mountain good for birthday parties?
If you are looking for something new, memorable and fun to do in Vancouver for an adult birthday, building a snow cave at Grouse Mountain is the perfect choice!
12. Does this experience provide any qualification?
No, the Snow Cave Experience is purely for fun.