If you’re a parent, finding new, educational and exciting family-friendly weekend activities to keep your little ones (and their parents!) occupied and entertained is certainly top of mind.
Here at Grouse Mountain, we like to make things as easy as possible, so below are a few mountaintop summer activities that are perfect for kids and kids at heart:
1) Check out our Summer of Small Wonders and learn all about honeybees, hummingbirds and other important pollinators. Take a walk through The Hive Bee Interpretive Centre, catch Disneynature's Wings of Life in the Theatre in the Sky, book a Honeybee Hive Tour, say hello to Buzzby our bee mascot...and more!
2) Have a bear-y good time visiting grizzlies Grinder and Coola. Residents of a five-acre habitat on our mountaintop since 2001, our furry friends provide a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see these amazing creatures up close and personal. Our friendly wildlife rangers are on-hand to answer any questions and also deliver several Ranger Talks throughout the day. Consider booking the family into a Breakfast with the Bears experience for a truly remarkable opportunity to see our grizzly bears eat their first meal of the day…while you have yours!
3) Say hello to our feathered friends during a Birds in Motion demonstration. While it isn’t uncommon to see birds of prey soaring high in the sky, our interactive demonstrations allow your family to see a red-tailed hawk, peregrine falcon, bald eagle, great-horned owl and others from a unique, intimate vantage point. Our knowledgeable team is happy to answer any questions you may have about these majestic birds (and they’ve been known to pose for a photo or two, as well).
4) Take a trip to the top of the Eye of the Wind and experience a 360-degree view of Vancouver and the mountains behind us. There’s a reason we’re known as the Peak of Vancouver and a big part of that is our viewPOD atop the Eye of the Wind, a beacon of sustainability perched atop Grouse Mountain. Ride up the Peak Chair (a unique viewpoint in itself) and whisk up the Eye of the Wind elevator to see Vancouver and the surrounding mountain ranges in all of their splendor.
5) Embrace your Canadian roots and watch our world-famous Lumberjack Show. Our men in plaid have returned and are primed and ready to throw axes, climb a 60-foot tree, log roll and more. Our team is the best in the biz (world champions, in fact) – you don’t want to miss ‘em in this family-friendly show, suitable for all ages.
6) Make it a thrilling weekend with a Mountain Ziplines experience. If your kids are a little older, a five-line tour is a unique way to explore our mountaintop – through the air! Reaching speeds of up to 80 km/h, our Mountain Ziplines will definitely give your teens something to talk about at school on Monday.
7) End the day with lunch or dinner in Altitudes Bistro. We’ve got plenty of family-friendly fare certain to appeal to even our littlest guests…and a spectacular view of the city to top it off!