Discovery Ski Day group Lessons
great on-snow learning and adventures are available!
Quickly develop your skills under the expert care of our professional ski instructors with day group lessons. Whether learning for the first time or refining your technique, you will be on your way to a whole new level.
dISCOVERY DAY group LESSON INFO
Lesson Dates and Times:
Day lessons are all 2 hours in length.
|Lesson + Lift
|Lesson + Rental
|Lesson + Rental + Lift
We strongly recommend that all students wear helmets while skiing or snowboarding. All students under the age of 19 are required to wear a helmet. If your child does not have their own helmet, one may be rented for $5 per day. Helmets are also available for purchase from Outfitters Store.
Advanced registration is available online. Day of registration is available by phone at (604) 980-9311 or at Guest Services at the base of the mountain at least 2 hours prior to the session start time. If you are already on the Mountain, please drop in to Alpine Guest Services on the main floor of the chalet 30 minutes prior to the lesson. Please have all required information ready prior to registration. This includes the student's ability level and measurements of the student's height, weight and shoe size if rental equipment is required. Day Lessons meet at the Snow School Meeting Area ten minutes before the lesson start time.
Left your gear at home? Want to try out premium skis or snowboards or snowshoes? The Outpost Rental Shop has you covered from helmets and clothing to the latest gear. You can save time and book your rental online.
Skier Ability Levels
Discovery Day Lessons are available for Levels 1 - 3 only
- +Level 1: Introduction to Skiing
- Introduction to the Alpine Responsibility Code
- Able to put on and take off skis
- Can stand, walk and climb on skis
- Shows good balance while straight running
- Able to get up from fallen position
- Able to make a gliding snowplow
- Can use the Magic Carpet
- + Level 2: Beginner Snowplow
- Braking snowplow to control speed
- Able to side step on any hill
- Can turn legs to show direction change
- Can link snowplow turns down Paradise Bowl
- Can skate along flats
- Able to get on and off chairlifts and understands chairlift safety
- Skis under control at all times
- + Level 3: Basic Parallel
- Can use turn shape to control speed on all green runs
- Stands centered on skis
- Skis in a small snowplow
- Skis become parallel at the end of the turn
- Can balance on turning leg
- Demonstrates the ability to bend and extend legs
- Introduced to side-slipping and edging skills
- Can ski The Cut confidently
To book a 2 hour private lesson or for more info, please call (604) 980-9311.