Discovery Ski Day group Lessons
great on-snow learning and adventures are available!
Ski Day Lessons
Ski Day Lesson - Adult
Ski Day Lesson - Youth
Ski Day Lesson - Child
Ski Day Lesson - Senior
DISCOVERY Ski Day group Lesson - Child
Lesson Dates and Times:
Day lessons are all 2 hours in length.
|Pricing||Adult (19-64)||Senior (65+)||Youth (12-18)||Child (7-12)|
|Lesson + Lift||$153||$137||$137||$114|
|Lesson + Rental||$136||$136||$136||$117|
|Lesson + Rental + Lift||$200||$184||$184||$142
We strongly recommend that all students wear helmets while skiing or snowboarding. All students under the age of 19 are required to wear a helmet. If your child does not have their own helmet, one may be rented for $5 per day. Helmets are also available for purchase from Outfitters Store.
Advanced registration is available online. Day of registration is available by phone at (604) 980-9311 or at Guest Services at the base of the mountain at least 2 hours prior to the session start time. If you are already on the Mountain, please drop in to Alpine Guest Services on the main floor of the chalet 30 minutes prior to the lesson. Please have all required information ready prior to registration. This includes the student's ability level and measurements of the student's height, weight and shoe size if rental equipment is required. Day Lessons meet at the Snow School Meeting Area ten minutes before the lesson start time.
Left your gear at home? Want to try out premium skis or snowboards or snowshoes? The Outpost Rental Shop has you covered from helmets and clothing to the latest gear. You can save time and book your rental online.
Discovery Day Lessons are available for Levels 1 - 3 only
- +Level 1: First Time Rider
- Put on and take off snowboard, safety strap
- Able to sidestep up and down slight inclines
- Able to straight run on gentle slope
- Introduced to and understands the Alpine Responsibility Code
- + Level 2: Beginner Rider
- Begin to develop a balanced body position
- Able to link turns on Paradise
- Able to ride the Greenway Chair and offload under control
- Able to stop easily on green runs
- Able to get up
- + Level 3: Novice Rider
- Links Novice turns with some vertical movements
- Increased use of edges for changes of direction
- Able to ride the Cut confidently
- + Level 4: Intermediate Rider
- Links both long and short radius turns with obvious vertical motion
- Basic carved turns on green terrain
- Able to confidently turn all the way down to all chairlifts
- Able to absorb small bumps and rolls with lower body while upper body remains quiet
- + Level 5: Cruising and Carving Intermediate
- Demonstrates intermediate sliding and intermediate carving turns on blue and black terrain
- Looking to ride more difficult terrain and conditions
- Would like to ride moguls
- Wants to develop other riding skills (i.e switch, terrain park)
- + Level 6: Advanced Riding
- Links medium radius, fully carved turns on all groomed runs
- Rides confidently on all terrain, on and off groomed runs
- Introduced to various approaches to riding bumps and steep terrain
- Developing timing and pressure control skills
To book a 2 hour private lesson or for more info, please call (604) 980-9311.