Avalanche Skills Training Level 1
Participants must have intermediate ability in either skiing or snowshoeing and be moderately fit.
This product is not currently available.
Avalanche Skills Training: Level 1
- Alpine touring / telemark / split board / snowshoeing equipment (skiers
and snowboarders need reliable climbing skins)
- A backpack (30 litre capacity minimum)
- Warm clothes appropriate for mountain travel
- Extra pair of gloves
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Small personal first aid kit (band-aids, blister care, personal medication…)
- Food and water (lunch time on Day 2 is spent outside in the field)
- Optional: Thermos of hot drink and down jacket. (long portions of the field sessions are fairly low intensity)
- All avalanche rescue equipment is included but you are encouraged to bring your own if you have any. This will ensure that you get instructions and practice with the equipment you will use on future trips.