Chinese New Year at the Peak of Vancouver
With a Special Lantern Release
Chinese New Year is just around the corner and we’re celebrating at the Peak of Vancouver! On Saturday, February 21st, join us on our mountaintop as we usher in the Year of the Sheep with a variety of family-friendly activities including crafts, a lamb petting experience, skating, lantern release...and much more! A special Family ticket for $79.95 is available for up to eight family members. It all kicks off at 11am and festivities run until 7pm. Make this Chinese New Year one to remember at Grouse Mountain. Gung Hay Fat Choy!
- Welcome Treat, 2pm [Chalet]: Usher in the Year of the Sheep with a slice of cake
- Sunset Lantern Release*, approximately 5:45pm: Release lanterns in honour of your loved ones and set your intentions for the year
- Mountaintop Skating, 9am-10pm [Skate Pond]
- Family Photos, 11am-4pm [Chalet]: Complimentary family photos
- Chinese New Year Craft, 11am-4pm [Chalet Atrium]: Make your own sheep craft
- Family Movies, 11am-7pm [Theatre in the Sky]
- Visits with Sheep and Lamb, noon-5PM [Outside Chalet]
- Meet Cleo, noon, 2.30PM, 4PM [Chalet]: Meet our real, live barn owl and ambassador, Cleo
Plus enjoy our Chinese New Year food feature in Altitudes - hot & sour soup with glazed duck - available for order between 2:15pm - 6:15pm.
*Lanterns are 100% biodegradable made from fine rice paper and bambo