happy bear-thday grinder & coola!
We can bear-ly contain our excitement – Grouse Mountain’s resident Grizzly bears are turning 20!
To celebrate, Grinder and Coola are hosting a Bear-thday Fun-draiser, in partnership with the Grizzly Bear Foundation
, on Saturday, July 24 and Sunday, July 25 at Grouse Mountain.
The fun-filled weekend will feature exclusive Bear-thday activities and educational programs for the whole family, while raising awareness and funds for Grizzly bear rewilding.
Scheduled Bear-thday Activities:
- Enhanced Ranger Talks (Grizzly Bear Habitat)
Sat & Sun - 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:30 pm
- Indigenous Storytelling & Drumming (Owl Talks Site)
Sat & Sun - 11:40 am, 1:40 pm
- Grizzly Bear-thday Cake Smash with Grinder and Coola (Grizzly Bear Habitat)
Sat & Sun - 2:30 pm
More Activities at the Grizzly Bear Habitat:
- Craft Station and Scavenger Hunt
- Sign a Bear-thday Card for Grinder and Coola
- Bear Safety Demonstrations with WildSafeBC
- Nature Sketching Demonstrations with The Bateman Foundation
- Wildlife Photography Lessons (Bring your camera!)
- Readings of "The Grizzlies of Grouse Mountain" book
- Bear-thday Merchandise for Sale
Other Bear-thday Activities:
- Film Screenings at Theatre in the Sky (Peak Chalet)
- "Extremely Wild: Grinder & Coola’s Journey to Grouse Mountain"
- Grizzly Bear Foundation Featurettes
- Bear-thday Photo Booth (Beside the Lumberjack Show)
For a limited time, we're offering FREE Mountain Admission for up to 2 kids with every full fare Adult or Senior Mountain Admission purchase (web exclusive offer).
Sat July 24 & Sun July 25
10am - 6pm
Included in Mountain Admission (kids go FREE)
Partial proceeds from Mountain Admission tickets, Grouse Grind® Skyride Download tickets, select merchandise, as well as food and beverage specials on July 24 and July 25 will benefit the Grizzly Bear Foundation’s Orphaned Grizzly Cub Rewilding Project.