happy bear-thday grinder & coola!
We can bear-ly contain our excitement – Grouse Mountain’s resident Grizzly bears are turning 20!
To celebrate, Grinder and Coola are hosting a Bear-thday Fun-draiser, in partnership with the Grizzly Bear Foundation
, on Saturday, July 24 and Sunday, July 25 at Grouse Mountain.
The fun-filled weekend will feature exclusive Bear-thday activities and educational programs for the whole family, while raising awareness and funds for Grizzly bear rewilding.
Scheduled Bear-thday Activities:
- Enhanced Ranger Talks (Grizzly Bear Habitat)
Sat & Sun - 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:30 pm
- Indigenous Storytelling & Drumming (Owl Talks Site)
Sat & Sun - 11:40 am, 1:40 pm
- Grizzly Bear-thday Cake Smash with Grinder and Coola (Grizzly Bear Habitat)
Sat & Sun - 2:30 pm
More Activities at the Grizzly Bear Habitat:
- Craft Station and Scavenger Hunt
- Sign a Bear-thday Card for Grinder and Coola
- Bear Safety Demonstrations with WildSafeBC
- Nature Sketching Demonstrations with The Bateman Foundation
- Wildlife Photography Lessons (Bring your camera!)
- Readings of "The Grizzlies of Grouse Mountain" book
- Bear-thday Merchandise for Sale
Other Bear-thday Activities:
- Film Screenings at Theatre in the Sky (Peak Chalet)
- "Extremely Wild: Grinder & Coola’s Journey to Grouse Mountain"
- Grizzly Bear Foundation Featurettes
- Bear-thday Photo Booth (Beside the Lumberjack Show)
For a limited time, we're offering FREE Mountain Admission for up to 2 kids with every full fare Adult or Senior Mountain Admission purchase (web exclusive offer).
Sat July 24 & Sun July 25
10am - 6pm
Included in Mountain Admission (kids go FREE)
Partial proceeds from Mountain Admission tickets, Grouse Grind® Skyride Download tickets, select merchandise, as well as food and beverage specials on July 24 and July 25 will benefit the Grizzly Bear Foundation’s Orphaned Grizzly Cub Rewilding Project. Donations can also be made online.