Ski Instructor Certification
Become a certified CSIA (Canadian Ski Instructor's Alliance) Level 1 instructor! This course will introduce participants to the tips and techniques needed to teach beginning skiers.
Course - $399 (includes lift)
Retests - $199.50 (includes lift)
Certification Course Info
Course - $399
- Participants must be Ability Level 5 or higher.
- Rate includes Lift Tickets.
- For information on CSIA and CASI programs, visit snowpro.com.
- For Skiing Retest, candidates must register for and attend Days 1 and 2 of the course.
- For Teaching Retest, candidates must register for and attend
Days 2 and 3.
- All candidates must complete an EPrep Learning Module. A website link will be provided in your confirmation letter.
- The BC Ministry of Education has approved the CSIA Level 1 Certification course as an external credit towards a High School diploma. Visit the Instructor Certification course page for more info.
- Students meet in Valley Plaza at 8:30am on Day 1. On Days 2 & 3 students meet at the Snow School Meeting Place at 9am.
Certification Course Dates & Times
|Course Dates 2017/18||Dates|
|Session 1||Dec. 3, 9, 10|
|Session 2||Jan. 14, 20, 21|
|Session 3||Feb. 4, 10, 11|
|Session 4||Feb. 25, Mar. 3, 4|
Day 1 - 8:30am-4:30pm
Days 2 & 3 - 9am-4pm
Day 1 - Meet your Course Conductors in the Valley Plaza at the base of the Mountain, in front of Guest Services at 8:30am. The day finishes around 4:30pm
Days 2 & 3 - Meet your Course Conductors at the Snow School Meeting Place at 9:00am. Days finish around 5:00pm.
Ski Instructor Course Prep (15+)
Take a 1-day prep session with Grouse Mountain's own top Course Conductors to prepare for the CSIA Level 1 Certification Course.
Prep Course Cost
Course - $99
Course + Lift - $147 (Adults)
Course + Lift - $136 (Youth 15-18)
Prep Course Info
2017/18 Course Dates
Students meet in the Valley Plaza at 9am.
CSIA Level 1 Instructor Certification
3-Day CSIA Level 1 Certification Courses are available with start dates of Dec. 3, Jan. 14, Feb. 4 and Feb. 25.
The Prep Course is available to any strong parallel skier (level 5 or higher) 15 years or older.
To register, call Guest Services at 604.980.9311.
Grouse Mountain Is looking for Instructors!
Grouse Mountain is looking for Instructors for the 2016/17 season. We will interview and hire candidates pending successful course completion. If you are interested in working this winter, please apply here.
About CSIA Certification
For more information about CSIA please visit their website at snowprobc.com
Earn External Credit Towards a BC High School Diploma
You can earn credits towards your high school diploma by becoming CSIA certified. The British Columbia Ministry of Education has approved the CSIA Level 1 Certification course as an External Credential. An External Credential is a credit that has been developed outside the Ministry of Education and takes a student outside of the regular classroom setting.
High School Students aged 15 and over can receive 2 credits towards their High School Diploma if they successfully complete the CSIA Level 1 Instructors course. Once a student has passed the CSIA Level 1 Instructors course, they must present a CSIA membership card, a signed letter of congratulations from the Executive Director, and a CSIA pin to the school. The school will then examine the course documentation and provide 2 credits to the student.