Programs for beginners and experienced mountaineers
Avalanche Skills Training: Level 1
This two-day course offers both theory and practical training in Avalanche Awareness.
2024 Course Dates:
- January 20th & 21st
- January 27th & 28th
- February 3rd & 4th
- February 10th & 11th
- February 17th & 18th
- February 24th & 25th
- March 2nd & 3rd
- March 9th & 10th
- March 16th & 17th
8:30am - 4:30pm
Includes both indoor and outdoor sessions.
$289 (includes admission to Grouse Mountain)
Participants need to be on the 8:15am Skyride to meet the instructor at 8:30am by the fireplace inside the Chalet.
What to Bring
- Alpine touring / telemark / split board / snowshoeing equipment (skiers
and snowboarders need reliable climbing skins)
- A backpack (30 litre capacity minimum)
- Warm clothes appropriate for mountain travel
- Extra pair of gloves
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Small personal first aid kit (band-aids, blister care, personal medication, etc.)
- Food and water (lunch time on Day 2 is spent outside in the field)
- Optional: Thermos of hot drink and down jacket (long portions of the field sessions are fairly low intensity)
- All avalanche rescue equipment is included but you are encouraged to bring your own if you have any. This will ensure that you get instructions and practice with the equipment you will use on future trips.
Grouse Mountain reserves the right to change or cancel programs and schedules without notice. Products are non refundable and non transferable.