We want to thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time, allowing us to address the ongoing challenges of COVID-19 and focus on the health and safety of our team and community.
We are thrilled to share that we will begin a phased approach to safely reopening Grouse Mountain and will be welcoming Annual Passholders and download only guests back to Grouse Mountain starting Monday, June 22nd.
In this first phase of reopening, guests will experience our new operating procedures outlined in our PureClean Commitment
- Starting with Skyride capacity reduced by 70% to allow for physical distancing
- Mandatory use of face masks while boarding, travelling on and disembarking from the Skyride (we encourage you to bring your own mask, however we will have masks available if needed)
- Required temperature screening prior to boarding for both uphill and downhill travel
- Additional hand sanitizing stations available throughout the Resort
- Enhanced Skyride cleaning, sanitization and disinfection protocols
- Mandatory advanced bookings for the Skyride
With these new procedures in place, we can ensure that you are able to safely explore and enjoy Grouse Mountain. For more information on what you can expect during your visit, please review our PureClean information online here.
In order to manage our capacity on the Skyride and reduce wait times, we have implemented a timed booking system for both passholders and ticket purchasers. All travel on the Skyride must be pre-booked in advance using our new online booking system. We will be sharing more information with you about this new system in the coming weeks.
Stay tuned for updates as we progress through our phased reopening plan. We look forward to safely welcoming you back to enjoy the fresh air and outdoor recreation in our mountaintop environment!