Last updated September 1, 2022
If Pass Protection is declined, no refund or transfer of the season pass will be offered under any circumstance.
Pass Protection is available for purchase with your winter season pass. $49 for an individual pass; $99 for a family pass. To purchase family pass protection, please call Guest Services at (604) 980-9311 within 7 days of buying your passes.
If you did not purchase insurance for your pass during the initial sale, please call guest services within 7 days of buying your pass to purchase the insurance.
At time of purchase, our typical refund policy will apply. This policy states that under no circumstances will refunds or credits be given to those who do not purchase our 'Pass Protection' option.
Period of Coverage:
Coverage begins at the beginning of the winter season, or on the date the protection is purchased, and terminated on the last day of the winter season in which the pass expires.
This coverage will allow for the cancellation of the Season's Pass for the Protected Passholder, and up to three (3) additional family members protected on the Application if Pass Protection is purchased for a Family Pass.
Pass Protection Details:
If a parent, spouse, or child (under the age of 19) is also a refundable pass holder and chooses to cease participation due to a family member's injury or sickness, he or she is also eligible to a refund. The associated family member must be a pass holder at Grouse Mountain Resort. The refund is limited to one additional claimant.
Season Passes will be refunded according to the ‘Refund Schedule’ (see below) based on the following criteria:
- Debilitating injury/illness that prevents participation in skiing or snowboarding for at least 30 consecutive days. A doctor's note is required.
- Pass holder's employer requires a residential relocation of at least 300km from Grouse Mountain Resort. The transfer must take place at least 45 days after the pass purchase date and must be involuntary.
Refund option does not include:
- Intentional self-injury or pre-existing injury.
- Voluntarily leaving the area for work or travel, or any other change in employment status other than a transfer by current employer.
- Environmental and Mechanical circumstances such as fire, vandalism, labor disputes, weather conditions or mechanical failures.
- Travel plan cancellations - i.e. deciding to not travel to North Vancouver and/or Grouse Mountain Resort.
Date of Claim
||Pass Used 0-4 Days
||Pass Used 5-14 Days
||Pass Used 15+ Days
|Prior to December 15, 2022
|Prior to January 15, 2023
|Prior to February 15, 2023
|After February 15, 2023
Grouse Mountain will reimburse the listed percentage of the Season Pass Price resulting from Non Participation by the Protected Passholder following an event under Description of Coverage from the official opening date of the ski area.
Reimbursement and refund requests must fall within the reasons listed in the Pass Protection Details and proper documentation must be provided at the time of request. (Doctor or Employer letters on official medical or company letterhead).
Any refund requests submitted without Pass Protection will be declined.