Autumn has arrived with crisp temperatures, fall colours and the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend. One of our favourite Thanksgiving traditions is sharing good food with family and friends.
While turkey is obviously a Thanksgiving staple, our Food & Beverage team is showcasing some other fall favourites in Altitudes Bistro this weekend with a special Harvest Menu. Cozy up with a delicious Soft Pretzel, spice things up with the Currywurst or enjoy a classic Pork Schnitzel.
We checked in with Mark Thirlwell, Altitudes Bistro Sous Chef for some tips on how to bring these fall flavours to your table at home. This Currywurst Sauce is a great way to add something new to your Thanksgiving dinner.
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ Cup diced yellow onion
1 Tsp. chopped garlic
2 Tbsp. curry powder(yellow)
½ Tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Cup canned diced tomato
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tsp. sugar
1 Tsp. yellow mustard
1 Tsp. salt
1 Tsp. black pepper
½ Tsp. cayenne pepper
• Add olive oil to pan over medium heat.
• Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
• Add dry spices and cook until fragrant.
• Add tomato paste and cook slightly until dry.
• Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
• Pour sauce into a blender or use an immersion blender to blend sauce into a smooth consistency.
Yields 1.5 cups
To try out the full Harvest Menu, join us in Altitudes Bistro from October 10 – 14.
Two River’s Bratwurst, Scallions, Cumin
Potato Salad, Cucumber and Dill Salad