From 5:00 pm onward, celebrate the kick-off of 2017 with entertainment and fun for all ages. Glide on our 8,000-square foot mountaintop Skate Pond, take a snow carpet down our new Sliding Zone and be awed by the magical outdoor Light Walk around Blue Grouse Lake. Enjoy incredible performances throughout the night as well as a special 9:00 pm countdown for our littlest revelers that will be sure to light up the sky with a boom!
This year’s celebration will be something to remember!
Family New Year's Eve tickets are now SOLD OUT.
You can still access the celebration with your Annual Local's Pass, Y2Play or Winter Season Pass. Lift Tickets for Dec 31st are still available.
Schedule of events
- Enjoy live musical entertainment by Canadian singer, songwriter, comedian and Juno Award winner, Norman Foote! (7pm-7:30pm & 8:30-9pm, Theatre in the Sky)
- Be awed by contemporary fire performance group, AcroFire Entertainment, and their combination of fire prop manipulation and partner acrobatics! (6pm, 6:45pm, 8pm, 9:05pm, Outdoor Stage)
- Get your photo taken with our magical Snow King and Queen! (5pm-10pm, Mountaintop)
- Dance, laugh and clap with "Ginger & Snap", the dynamic singing duo! (6:30pm-9:30pm, Mountaintop)
- Enjoy live DJ music at the Skate Pond (4pm to 10pm)
Count down with fireworks!
Get ready to be awed by a spectacular firework display at the Skate Pond at 9pm.
Complimentary Family Snowshoe Tour (9:15pm-10:15pm): After the 9pm count down and fireworks show, visit the Grouse Mountain tent next to the skate pond and head out on a guided, moonlit adventure through the trees! Snowshoe rentals will be available at the Fireside Hut or Sliding Zone Hut for $10, or bring your own! Headlamps also recommended.
- Skiing and snowboarding (8:30am to 10pm)
- Ice skating on the Mountaintop Skate Pond (8:30am to midnight)
- Sliding Zone (12pm to 10pm)
- Magical Light Walk (dusk to midnight - please ensure you are wearing snow-appropriate footwear)
- Sleigh Rides (9am to 8:45pm - snow level dependent)
- Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve! (4pm to midnight, Theatre in the Sky)
- New Year's Eve Crafts (11am to 7pm, Elf Headquarters, Chalet Main Floor)
- Visit the SOS Children's Gingerbread Village (10am to 9pm, Spirit Gallery)
Food & Beverage Options:
- Full BBQ (4pm to 10pm, in front of the Chalet)
- Sweet Treats (4pm to 10pm, in front of the Chalet)
- Light Snacks & Festive Refreshments (4pm to 10pm, hiwus Feasthouse, half way point around the Light Walk)