International Day Camps
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What time of year are Grouse Mountain International Camps available?
Camps run through a variety of dates according to common school holidays in Europe, North America, Central America, South America, Australia & New Zealand and Asia, such as, Lunar New Year (January/February), Easter/Spring break (March/April), Summer/Winter holidays (December, January, July, August). Canadian camps traditional run during the 9 weeks of summer, through July and August, the first week in January and the last 2 week in March. If interacting with Canadian campers is crucial to your camp experience, you should align your trip with the dates above.
2. What age do students need to be in order to participate in camps?
We are able to cater to youth aged 5 – 16 years old.
3. Will students get an opportunity to integrate with local campers?
Yes! Camps are run throughout all local school holidays, if you select to visit us during these holidays, campers will be grouped with locals of a similar age.
4. What is the minimum number of students needed to run a camp?
We need a minimum of 10 students to offer a camp for your group.
5. Does Grouse have an overnight camp?
- Unfortunately we do not have accommodation at the mountain but there are some great options close to the mountain, this includes
- Camp Capilano – (up to 50 campers)
- Comfort inn - Holiday inn
- Lionsgate travel lodge
- Pinnacle hotel @ pier
- Hosteling international – downtown & Jericho beach
6. Is the international camp program the same as your standard programs I see online?
We have made small enhancements to the International Camps program to include more BC Culture than our standard programs, but most activities will stay the same unless requested otherwise.
7. What are the hours for International School Groups?
Morning check-in will be at 9:30am at the base of the mountain, camp will end at 4:00pm at the base of the mountain.
8. What public transport options are there to get to the mountain?
More information can be found on our website by clicking here.
9. Who old do campers have to be to take part in Archery and Rock Climbing?
Campers must be 8+ years old to join in with these activities. Camper 5-7 will be engaged with
10. Can I order lunch as part of the camp?
Yes, we are fortunate to have high quality meal options for our camps participants.
Junior (5-7) lunches are $9 per person, per day.
Adventure Camp and Youth Program (8+) lunches are $12 per person, per day.
Portion size and content varies.
Campers select their lunch option each morning of camp and will choose from the following menu.
Junior Camps (5-7 years) - Pizza (cut into 8), side fries, banana/apple, juice box Hot dog, side fries, banana/apple, juice box ½ Ham & Cheese sandwich, cookie, banana/apple, juice box* ½ Veggie Wrap, banana/apple, cookie, juice box*
Adventure Camps (8 years plus) - Pizza (cut into 6), side fries, banana/apple, juice box Hamburger, side fries, banana/apple, juice box Ham & Cheese sandwich, cookie, banana/apple, juice box* Veggie Wrap, banana/apple, cookie, juice box*
*Gluten free options are the Ham and Cheese Sandwich and Veggie Wrap which will be served with a gluten free brownie. Food is not prepared in a nut free environment.